Monday, June 3, 2013

Music Festival Fashion



Festival Fashion

Joie Moccasins / Alex & Ani Spikes / Alex & Ani Live Music / Lauren Moffatt Dress

As a music festival junkie, I am always looking for unique items that will
last the full day. Since I am not too keen on the crop tops and frayed shorts, I
stay on the look  out for comfortable and flowy dresses that I will be content
wearing for an entire day outdoors. Cream  tops or dresses are never a bad
find--they go with absolutely everything  and can be dressed up with a black
blazer for days you are not rocking out to your favorite band.


Festival Fashion Criteria:
never black or navy
no flip-flops or heels
no large bags
no heavy jewelry
nothing tight and clingy
sunglasses are a must
and always bring a beach towel. 

I wish someone told me each of those things before venturing out on a hot day 
in the middle of a Chicago park at Lollapalooza--you will thank me later. 

With occasional muddy conditions and lots of walking, a 
pair of short Frye boots or these adorable Joie Moccasins (remember, no heels) are 
ideal choices and certainly comfy . A lightweight crossbody bag that fits the essentials 
is all you need. Lugging around a suitcase is the last thing you want to be doing in the 
scorching summer heat and the same goes with jewelry. 

A couple of Alex & Ani bangles stacked with your festival wristband is just 
right and not enough to drive you crazy. 

I found this fantastically feminine Lauren Moffatt Dress at a local boutique for 
a steal ($75 originally $420) and meets each of my music festival specifications--and 
then some! If you are in love with the dress as much as I am, it is unfortunately sold 
out, however I have seen it on eBay a few times, so keep an eye out. 

Anthropologie has a similar dress here


No comments:

Post a Comment